[Post updated: 08/12/23]
- WordPress 6.3 is the first version to have its own landing page.
- Rich Tabor’s WordPress 6.3 review is recommended.
After Release Candidate 3, the final version is released on August 8. WordPress 6.3 improvements are substantial, delivering a cohesive site editing experience thanks to expanded functionality, richer interfaces, and a dedicated focus on polish. This culmination of the work will give way to the end of Gutenberg Phase 2.
What you will find in WordPress 6.3
The roadmap to WordPress 6.3 includes many improvements related to the Site Editor.
This version aims to make it easier for users to edit pages, manage navigation, and adjust styles, all right in the Site Editor. It also seeks to provide detailed and relevant information when browsing different parts of the site, such as showing the number of posts per page when viewing relevant blog templates. In addition to these enhancements, the release is expected to include convenient access to revisions to post types (templates, template parts) and styles, the ability to preview block themes, a command tool for speed up workflows, new curated patterns, font management options, and some new blocks.
In addition to the two videos with important news of WordPress 6.3, published here on Blogpocket, we have recorded many others so that you can get an idea of what you will find in WordPress 6.3; an update that -of course- is worth it and that you should carry out immediately.
- margins and padding. This video shows the improvements in WordPress 6.3 regarding the visual configuration of margins and padding.
- Footnotes. This video explains how the new “Footnotes” block works.
- Site editor improvements. This video reviews site editor design improvements.
- The site editor is context sensitive. This video shows an example of how the “Edit Site” option in the WordPress administrator toolbar works, which in WordPress 6.3 directs you to the template corresponding to the page you are viewing in the browser.
- the command palette. This video shows what the command palette is in WordPress 6.3.
- Choosing the dimensions of an image by aspect ratio. This video explains another of the WordPress 6.3 improvements related to images. This version includes the possibility, in the image block and in the featured image block of a publication, of choosing the ratio of the dimensions of the image through a drop-down.
How to test WordPress 6.3
In a Test Environment (in spanish), you can test WordPress 6.3 by installing the plugin WordPress Beta Tester.in the post How to Test WordPress: The Path to Full Site Edition (in spanish) you have all the details.